With everything going on in around the world right now, it’s important to take an extra care of our health, body and well being. These are very uncertain times for many people, so look after yourself, loved ones and those who live around you.
When you are feeling tired and not well, one of the important steps is to take care of the immune system. This smoothie will naturally boost your immune system and supply your organism with nutrients to fight the disease – it’s also great for digestions and just delicious. For the past two weeks I’ve been preparing it everyday for breakfast, but it accompanies well any meal and makes a perfect snack throughout the day. You can put all ingredients in the blender before going to bed and store in the fridge overnight. If you don’t have a high-speed blender shred the carrots. Otherwise it’s easy to prepare. I love using fresh ginger and turmeric root, but ground spices will also work well. If you don’t have the exact ingredients be creative – use pear instead of apple (or mango, banana or berries), use a different citrus fruit instead of lemon (like orange, grapefruit or lime), and you can use flaxseed or hemp seeds instead of chia seeds.
This Immune Boosting Smoothie is packed with some awesome ingredients:
- Carrots – rich in vitamin A, C and beta carotene – are great source of antioxidants, helps body to repair immune system (source).
- Apples – source of powerful antioxidants, that boost immune system function, and improve symptoms of asthma and overall pulmonary health (source).
- Lemon – gives a dose of vitamin C, which may shorten the length of common cold symptoms and boost the function of the immune system (source).
- Ginger – reduces inflammation, relieves pain and has antioxidative properties (source).
- Turmeric – I love fresh turmeric, if it’s possible to get where you live don’t hesitate to buy. Turmeric contains compound – curcumin, which has a powerful anti-inflammatory abilities (source). I’m adding here a pinch of black pepper which helps body to absorb this compound.
- Goji Berries – superfoods, rich in immune-boosting antioxidants (source).
- Chia Seeds – boost immune system with powerful antioxidants.
- Honey – has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties (source), helps to soothe throat and ease cough.
Other ways to strengthen your immune system:
- stay hydrated – drink plenty of water
- avoid smoking and alcohol
- avoid processed food and refined sugar
- get enough sleep and rest
- reduce stress and anxiety
- exercise regularly
This healthy immune boosting smoothie will naturally strengthen your immune system and body. Packed with antioxidant and vitamins will help your organism to fight flu and cold. Mix all ingredients in blender until smooth. Adjust the thickness by adding more milk or water if necessary. This smoothie is the best when fresh, however you can store it in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
Immune Boosting Smoothie
This healthy immune boosting smoothie will naturally strengthen your immune system and body. Packed with antioxidant and vitamins will help your organism to fight flu and cold.
Mix all ingredients in blender until smooth. Adjust the thickness by adding more milk or water if necessary.
This smoothie is the best when fresh, however you can store it in the fridge for up to 24 hours.